Amazon Flex is an app-based service that allows people to sign up to deliver Amazon packages. Delivery partners use vehicles, smartphones, and GPS devices to pick up packages from one of Amazon’s hubs and deliver them to customers on the same day in Los Angeles, CA.
Amazon Flex works with Amazon Logistics, Amazon’s fast-growing logistics arm, to deliver packages for Amazon Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Pantry, and Amazon Business customers. This includes packages, store orders, and instant offers.
Heads up (Important Update): Amazon Flex is constantly updating (as needed) the cities where it recruits drivers. If you can’t find Los Angeles, CA in the list, don’t be surprised. Nevertheless, you can still download the app and submit your application. App will notify you as soon as it starts searching for drivers in Los Angeles, CA.
Job description / Amazon Flex (Los Angeles, CA)
First of all, Amazon Flex is a new way to deliver for Amazon. The app lets you choose the date and time for the day’s work and then enables you to decide what type of vehicle you want to drive. You’ll be matched with an actual delivery opportunity based on your preferences; then, you simply deliver that day’s customer packages in Los Angeles, CA on your own schedule. The most important thing to remember here is that Amazon Prime drivers become independent contractors.
The Amazon Flex Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering packages to customers. Secondly, as a delivery driver, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting packages to customer homes within the designated delivery area in Los Angeles, CA. You will be responsible for ensuring the customer’s items are delivered quickly and accurately, as well as being a customer advocate to help resolve any delivery issues.
Amazon Flex driver is an independent contractor who drives to deliver Amazon packages. Indeed, drivers can deliver morning, afternoon, evening, night, or weekend shifts in Los Angeles, CA. With Amazon Flex, you will deliver packages on your own time and on your own schedule. Although you will decide your working hours when delivering Amazon Flex, you must set (schedule) these time blocks in advance through the app.
What are the responsibilities of being an Amazon Flex driver?
- Pick up parcels from delivery stations and then drop them off at the customer’s location in Los Angeles, CA
- Communicate with dispatch to confirm pickup and delivery locations
- Communicate any issues with the parcel and provide feedback for improvements
- Basically, deliver packages on time, every time
- Deliver packages in a timely fashion to Prime Now customers within a specific geographic area in Los Angeles, CA
- Follow all safety guidelines set by Amazon and the US Department of Transportation in Los Angeles, CA
- Deliver packages safely and on time in a professional manner
- Operate a vehicle in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Amazon policies.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Have a 4-door vehicle (car, truck, van) or motorcycle over 250cc (mid-size)
- Valid US driver’s license or equivalent from another country
- Clean background check and driving record
- Have an iPhone or Android smartphone.
Wages & Salary & Earnings
Finally, the driver can work as much or as little as they want. It’s worth remembering that: Amazon Flex drivers cannot work more than 40 hours a week. Hence, Amazon Flex is an innovative program that allows individuals to make up to $25/hour delivering packages with their own schedule in Los Angeles, CA. You can still find country and city average earnings on 3rd party websites like Indeed and Glassdoor.